The data shows that there are now more than 3 billion people using social networks across the planet. And these people aren’t just using social media to discuss their lives and follow celebrities. In fact, following brands now ranks higher than interest in celebrities, with research showing more people using social media for the former purpose than the latter. Instagram numbers reveal that 80 percent of subscribers follow at least one brand. So, what are some of the benefits of engaging an audience through social media platforms? One of the most obvious and profitable is the ability to build brand awareness, letting people know about your products and services. Engaging people through social media is essential to building brand awareness and creating a direct link between you and current/future audience. The numbers don’t lie. According to Instagram, 60 per cent of their members say they find new products on that platform. Other benefits include:
• Establishing yourself as the go-to resource in your field of expertise. Social media interaction allows you to connect on a personal level, through relevant news and information, with your followers, creating a level of trust that builds brand awareness and loyalty. Pushing information – and it needs to be impactful content – out through social media channels helps bring traffic back to your business website, or content hub, for a fuller exploration of what you have to offer.
Trust is enhanced by thought leadership, which builds credibility and brand loyalty. Research by Edelman established that about 50 per cent of B2B marketers believed thought leadership built trust, however more than 80 per cent of customers believed that to be so.
Additional research by Edelman revealed that technical experts are trusted by 63 per cent of people, while only 42 per cent say they trust businesses.
• A social media presence helps to humanize your brand. According to this research, more than 50 per cent of adults don’t commit to a brand until they see concrete proof that a business delivers on its promises. Social media platforms are effective tools to deliver that message.
• Being active on social media is a key strategy for keeping your brand front and centre; according to data from the Pew Research Center, social media users are active on the accounts daily, with many checking in throughout the day.
• Social media increases website traffic through a push-and-pull strategy: relevant content, including thought leadership tweets, reach the audience, building brand and loyalty, pulling traffic back to your website, or content hub, for a more detailed exploration of your products and services.
• It’s a great strategy for generating leads, boosting sales, promoting content and getting people talking about your brand. According to this research, about 20 to 50 per cent of purchasing decisions is driven by word-of-mouth dialogue.
• Other benefits include managing your reputation, crisis management and communication, and engaging with customers and audience.
If you aren’t using social media to build brand and audience, you are ignoring an effective marketing tool, and in the process probably losing business to competitors. Luckily though, you don’t have to be an expert in social media feeds or have your own social media resources. Devine Media Service has the solution for you. Contact us today.